If you see noticeable redness on your face that never really completely vanishes, you may have a case of rosacea. We will help you set a skincare regime that will soothe your sensitive skin and settle the redness and out the bumps. You will also learn what not-to-do to diminish this skin toughie and have a beautiful, one color skin tone.
Here are several forbidden points
- Do not wash your face with cleansers or soaps that leave it feeling dry and pulled.
- Do not over-exfoliate.
- Do not use products that are alcohol based like toners, cleansing lotions, astringents etc.
- Do not apply products that contain essential oils as they are known to irritate sensitive skin due to their volatile nature.
- Do not use products that have synthetic fragrance or aromatic plant extracts or oils like lavender, rose, lemon, eucalyptus etc.
- Do not use any products of acid, like salicylic acid and AHA.
Hope the above list has helped you in identifying your culprits.
Among above, what we’d suggest you definitely steer clear away from is fragrance. Fragrance has ‘anti’ results on sensitive skin leading to aggravated redness, bumpiness, drier and older appearing skin.
Here are a few points to further help you in obtaining that redness free skin
- Use an aqueous, hydrating, light textured, lather free, skin smoothening cleansing product.
- Use a skin replenishing toner enriched with plant extracts, antioxidants, ceramides and other skin soothing constituents to rejuvenate your sensitive skin.
- Apply an SPF30+ sunscreen lotion made up of zinc or titanium oxide during the day.
- At the end of the day, re-energize your tired skin by making use of facial serums and lotions that are best suited for your skin type and contain hydrating agents, antioxidants and skin invigorating ingredients.
No matter what your skin type or how sensitive it is, try following the above skin care instructions to lessen the appearance of bumps on your cheeks, chin, forehead and nose areas caused due to redness and be ready for surprising results!